Base Dry Ingredients
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Base Wet Ingredients
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup pureed fruit*
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. We suggest also spraying your muffin liners with cooking spray just in case.
- Next, place dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix.
- Then, in a large bowl crack 2 eggs and whisk. Add maple syrup, almond milk, and preferred pureed fruit* and mix again.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and then mix. Then, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- At this point, add any of the add-ins for one of the 6 muffin recipes in this post and mix again.
- Fill each muffin about 3/4 of the way full (these are going to be big muffins). Then, place in the oven at 350ºF and bake for 18-22 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the muffin tin to continue cooling.
Tips & Notes
- Pureed fruit: the pureed fruit you use is dependent on which muffin recipe you are planning on using.
- Nutrition information includes 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce as the pureed fruit.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 muffin Calories: 167 Sugar: 18 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 28 Fiber: 2 Protein: 3
Keywords: healthy muffins, healthy muffin recipe