- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (any kind of flour will work)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (or more, if needed)
Orange Chicken Sauce
- 2/3 cup 100% orange juice
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- fresh orange zest
- sesame seeds
- First, prepare orange chicken sauce by mixing together orange juice, soy sauce, honey, and sriracha. Set aside.
- Next, crack 2 eggs in a medium bowl and whisk until scrambled. Then, place white whole wheat flour, garlic powder, and salt in another medium bowl and whisk.
- Prepare chicken by thinly slicing into bite-sized pieces. Then, dunk each piece into the egg wash and coat with the flour mixture. Repeat until all chicken slices are fully coated.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. Cook chicken pieces on each side for 2-4 minutes or until fully cooked. Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to do this in batches. Add more oil as needed.
- Once all chicken is fully cooked, remove from pan. Then, add in sauce and sprinkle in 2 teaspoons of cornstarch. Whisk over medium-high heat until sauce has thickened and cornstarch has dissolved.
- Add chicken back in and toss in sauce. Season with fresh orange zest and sesame seeds.
- Serve with your choice of grain and veggie!
Tips & Notes
Nutrition information does not include rice.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 327 Sugar: 13 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 27 Fiber: 2 Protein: 28
Keywords: healthy orange chicken, orange chicken