Chocolate Layers (top and bottom)
- 1/2 cup all-natural cashew butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey (or 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- Line a muffin tin with 12 nonstick muffin liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir all ingredients for the chocolate layer together until smooth. Set aside.
- Scoop a heaping teaspoon of the chocolate layer into each muffin cup (you will use about 1/2 of the chocolate mixture). Repeat until you’ve filled 12 cups. Then, pick up the entire muffin tin and shake and tap until the layer is set evenly. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, stir all ingredients for the vanilla layer together until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove muffin tin from the freezer and add the vanilla bean layer to the muffin tin by plopping 1 teaspoon on top of the chocolate layer. Pick up the entire muffin tin and shake and tap until your cups are even. Place in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, make the top layer of the “oreo” by plopping a heaping teaspoon of the last half of the chocolate layer on to the vanilla layer. Pick up the entire muffin tin one last time and shake and tap until your cups are even.
- Place muffin tin in the freezer for 20 minutes or until firm. Enjoy!
- Store healthy oreo cashew butter cups in the freezer to enjoy for later.
Tips & Notes
- *If you don’t have a vanilla bean try 1-2 teaspoons
- If your batter isn’t easily poured into the cupcake tin, add more melted coconut oil. You do not want your batter to be too thick and sometimes thickness is dependent on how oily your nut butter is.
- Option to replace honey with maple syrup or liquid stevia.
- Option to replace cashew butter with any other nut butter such as almond or peanut.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Nutrition is calculated with honey.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 cup Calories: 153 Sugar: 8 Sodium: 51 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 13 Fiber: 1 Protein: 2
Keywords: Fat Bombs, Cashew Butter