- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 2.5 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Place 1 cup brown rice, 2 cups almond milk, 1/4 cup maple syrup and 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in a medium-size pot and turn to high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn to low and cover. Let simmer for 30-35 minutes. At this point, there should still be some liquid left.
- Add in 1/2 cup pumpkin puree and continue to let simmer for an additional 10-20 minutes or until the brown rice is cooked through and the consistency is thick. Add in 1/2 cup more of almond milk and mix.
- Serve hot.
Serving Size: 1/4