- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or more, depending on how sweet you like your rice pudding)
- Place 1 cup brown rice 3 cups of almond milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and cover pot with lid. Let simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 more cup of almond milk and let simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes or until rice is soft and chewy.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon and optional almond milk.
Tips & Notes
- Option to use any kind of milk.
- Option to sub honey for maple syrup (note: would not be vegan).
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 224 Sugar: 10 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 44 Fiber: 2 Protein: 4
Category: DessertCuisine: American
Keywords: vegan rice pudding, rice pudding