- First, prep date caramel by placing dates in a high-speed food processor. Process on high for about a 2 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides a few times. If you are having problems getting the dates to form a paste, add water by the 1/4 teaspoon.
- Using a 1/2 teaspoon, scoop out date caramel into your hand and roll into balls. You’ll want to make 24 and will most likely have some leftover date caramel. I like to wet my hands first so that it’s easier to roll into balls. Set aside.
- Next, melt chocolate. You can either do this by microwaving for about a minute to a minute and a half, or by melting over the stove. Once the chocolate has completely melted, add in coconut oil and stir.
- Place 24 cupcake liners on the bottom of a mini cupcake tin. Then, pour in the first layer of melted chocolate. I used a teaspoon of chocolate. Then, put a ball of date caramel on top and cover that with another teaspoon of melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with Himalayan sea salt and then place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving!
Serving Size: 1/24