- 1.5 cups all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups brown rice crispies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- First, spray a 9×13-inch* pan with cooking spray or lay a sheet of parchment paper into the bottom of the pan.
- Prepare the bottom layer of the bars by mixing peanut butter, honey, and salt into a large bowl. Mix until smooth and then fold in rice crispies.
- Transfer the rice crispy mixture onto the bottom of the pan and use your hands or a spatula to press the mixture into the pan. Set aside.
- Add chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and coconut oil to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat. Continuously stir until melted.
- Once melted, remove from heat and pour the chocolate mixture on top of the rice crispy layer. Shake pan and spread chocolate evenly with a spatula.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to slice, remove from freezer and let chill for 20 minutes. Slice and enjoy.
- Store in a freezer-safe gallon size bag in the freezer (or else it will melt!).
Tips & Notes
- You can use any size pan you would like. For thicker bars, use a 9×9-inch pan and for thinner bars, use a 9×12-inch pan.
- For these photos, we used a 9×9 inch pan and cut the bars into 9 squares. However, please note that this recipe serves 36, not 9! We did it for the photos in all honesty 🙂
- Nutrition is based on a 9×13 pan, which makes 36 thinner bars.
Nutrition FactsCalories: 146 Sugar: 9 Sodium: 5 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 15 Fiber: 2 Protein: 3