- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Frank’s hot sauce (option to sub 1 more teaspoon apple cider vinegar instead)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- First, prepare sauce by mixing together all ingredients in a large Pyrex or bowl. Set aside.
- Next, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. Once fragrant, add yellow onion and minced garlic.
- Sautee for about 2 minutes before adding in ground chicken. Saute chicken for around 3-5 minutes until almost browned. Make sure to break the chicken up into small pieces.
- Add sauce to to the ground chicken and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to low and let simmer for around 20 minutes or until sauce reduces by half.
- Serve on your favorite bun*.
Tips & Notes
*Nutrition does not include bun.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 199 Sugar: 7 Sodium: 487 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 11 Fiber: 1 Protein: 15
Keywords: sloppy joe recipe