For the Cookies
- 2.25 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/16 teaspoon (pinch) salt
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted, room temperature
For the Raspberry Filling
- 1-pint raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients for the raspberry filling into a medium sized saucepan and cook over low/medium heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat once raspberries have thickened to create a jam and let cool.
- While raspberry filling is cooking, prepare cookies. In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix until combined.
- Carefully roll dough into a ball, wrap in parchment paper, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove from refrigerator and use a tablespoon scoop to roll cookies into a ball. Place cookie on baking sheet. Then, using your thumb, press in the middle of the cookie to create your thumbprint. Repeat.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully re-press down the middle of the cookie with a teaspoon.
- Let cookies completely cool* and then fill the middle of the cookies with raspberry filling.
Tips & Notes
*Make sure to let your cookies cool completely or the raspberry jam will bleed.