- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter, all-natural
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Silk unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare flax egg by placing 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed and 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Whisk until combined. Place in fridge and let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients except for brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl add brown sugar to melted coconut oil, whisk until combined. Then, add flax egg and whisk again. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until your cookie dough has formed.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Then, flatted between your palms (the cookies will not expand!). Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven, let cool, and enjoy!