- 1 cup uncooked short-grain brown rice
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 whole red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots (10 oz. frozen vegetables)
- 2 eggs, large
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- In a medium-size pot, bring 1 cup of short-grain brown rice and 2 cups of water to a rolling boil. Cover and reduce heat to low and let simmer for around 40 minutes or until all water has absorbed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet on medium/high heat. Add red onion to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes. Then, add garlic and the red pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Then, add the frozen vegetables and sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Create a pocket in the middle of your pan. (as seen in the photo in the post). Crack two eggs and scramble with a fork. Cook egg for about a minute and then mix with the rest of the veggies.
- Finally. add in cooked brown rice, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Mix all of the ingredients together and cook everything for 4-5 minutes and serve!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 312 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 887 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 48 Fiber: 6 Protein: 11
Category: DinnerMethod: Stove topCuisine: Chinese