- 1.75 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- First, the preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. We also suggest lightly spraying with cooking spray.
- Next, beat eggs, coconut sugar, and maple syrup together in a large mixing bowl. Add almond milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients together (except for walnuts).
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix.
- Finally, add in walnuts and coconut oil, and mix well.
- Fill each muffin around 3/4 of the way full (these are going to be big muffins!). Then, sprinkle on more walnuts, if desired. Bake at 350ºF for 21-24 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
- Remove pumpkin muffins from the oven. Then, let cool for 5-10 minutes. Remove muffins from the pan and transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Tips & Notes
- The loaf serves 8-10 and the muffins serve 12.
- Nutrition is for 12 muffins.
- Loaf directions: pour batter into a greased bread pan and bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 227 Sugar: 17 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 33 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
Keywords: Healthy Pumpkin Muffins