- 1 lb. ground chicken (turkey works)
- 1.5 tablespoons dried fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- ½ medium white onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 12 large eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 1-ounce arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degreesºF and rub a baking sheet with avocado oil.
- Place all ingredients for chicken sausage into a bowl. Mix well.
- Divide meat mixture into six equal balls. Mold each ball into a patty (around ½ an inch thick) and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake patties for 17-20 minutes, flipping at 10 minutes.
- While patties are in the oven, prepare your egg patties by heating a small skillet over medium/high heat.
- In a separate bowl, crack two eggs into a bowl and gently whisk.
- Next, place two large mason jar tops (about 3.5 inches – we are using these as molds) into the skillet and pour egg mixture evenly into the two mason jar tops. Pour water on the outside of the mason jar tops (fill until the water reaches about halfway up the mason jar lids). Cover the skillet and let cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Uncover, remove from heat, and remove egg from mason jar tops. This is one serving of egg, so repeat until you’ve made your desired amount of servings. Set eggs aside.
- When sausage is done, place one sausage, one tomato slice, and a handful of arugula on top of one egg patty. Place other egg patty on the top of arugula. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- Option to prepare all egg patties at the beginning of the week or the day of.
- We recommend serving with sriracha or hot sauce.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 342 Sugar: 3 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates: 6 Fiber: 1 Protein: 27
Keywords: high protein breakfast