- 2 15-oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Franks (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients for enchilada sauce to a sauce pan, mix well and then cook over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and let sauce simmer for 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken and become glossy.
- Use enchilada sauce immediately or let the enchilada sauce cool completely before placing it in an airtight container and storing it in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 200 Sugar: 23 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 53 Protein: 10
Category: SauceMethod: Stove-topCuisine: Mexican