- 1 large red pepper, halved and seeded
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and strained
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt**
- First, preheat oven to 450ºF and spray the baking sheet with non-stick baking spray.
- Then, place the garlic cloves and the red pepper (skin side up) onto the oiled baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, before flipping sides. Roast for another 15 minutes. At this point, there should be black spots all over the red pepper.
- Remove red peppers and garlic from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Next, place garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, and cumin into a rood processor and blend until smooth.
- Finally, add the red pepper and garlic to the food processor and blend until smooth.*
- Serve with vegetables, crackers, or any of your favorite accouterments.
Tips & Notes
*Add more olive oil or lemon juice to the food processor if the hummus is not smooth.
**Feel free to add more salt if necessary
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 197 Sugar: 1 Sodium: 439 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 15 Fiber: 4 Protein: 7
Keywords: roasted red pepper hummus