- 2 lbs. medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Next, prepare vegetables. Cut carrots in half hotdog-style and then again hamburger-style so that you quarter them. Place them on baking sheet
- Slice a medium-sized onion and add that to the baking sheet.
- Next, slice both ends off of 2 bulbs of garlic, keeping them in their casing and place those on the baking sheet as well.
- Drizzle veggies with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and toss so that everything is coated.
- Roast vegetables at 400ºF for 25 minutes. Then, remove and toss. Drizzle on honey and balsamic vinegar and toss again. Make sure to flip garlic heads over.
- Place back in the oven and roast for another 20 minutes at 400ºF.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Then, carefully squeeze garlic cloves out of the bulbs and toss with roasted vegetables.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 161 Sugar: 16 Sodium: 204 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 28 Fiber: 5 Protein: 2
Keywords: roasted carrots