- 1 lb. bacon, nitrate-free if possible (any thickness)
- First, preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Next, place a metal baking rack on top of the baking sheet and set aside.
- Remove bacon from package and place bacon strips side by side on the baking rack. Make sure that the strips are not overlapping. It’s okay if they touch because they will shrink while baking.
- Bake bacon at 400ºF using the following time guideline:
- Thin-cut bacon: bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Medium-cut bacon: bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Thick-cut bacon: bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the bacon is at its desired texture, remove it from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before transferring it to a paper towel lined plate. Use more paper towels to remove excess bacon grease.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 2 strips bacon Calories: 93 Sugar: 0 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 7
Keywords: how to cook bacon in the oven, oven baked bacon