- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 1.75 cups water*
- First, place 1 cup of uncooked quinoa into a fine mesh sieve and rinse it under cold water for 10-20 seconds. Then place rinsed quinoa and 1.75 cups water into a medium saucepan and stir.
- Turn to medium-high and bring to a boil, uncovered. Once boiling, turn down to low and cover.
- Let simmer for around 15 minutes or until all water has absorbed. Stay close to your quinoa as I’ve found sometimes it can easily boil over if your burner is on too high.
- Remove lid, fluff with a fork, and serve immediately
Tips & Notes
- Water: the standard ratio of quinoa to water is 1 to 2, however, we love when our quinoa has a little bit of a bite to it, which is why we prefer 1 to 1.75.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/5 Calories: 169 Sugar: 0 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 32 Fiber: 3 Protein: 6
Category: SideMethod: Stove-TopCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: quinoa, how to cook quinoa, how to make quinoa