- 2 6-oz. skin-on salmon fillets
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- optional: lemon juice, for serving
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to 450°F – 475°F.
- Remove moisture from salmon fillets by patting with a paper towel. Then, use a brush to brush olive oil onto all sides of each salmon fillet.
- Generously season salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Once your grill has fully preheated, place salmon fillets directly on the grill, skin side down, and close the grill.
- Grill skin-side down for 6 minutes.
- Then, flip the fillets and grill for an additional 2 minutes skin-side up. Ensure the salmon is cooked to an internal temperature of 140°F before removing from the grill. If salmon needs additional time to reach an internal temperature of 140°F, flip back to skin side down and grill for an additional 1 minute at a time.
- Remove salmon from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes (internal temperature will continue to increase to 145°F even after being removed from heat).
- Remove skin and serve with optional fresh lemon juice.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 366 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 95 Fat: 21 Carbohydrates: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 43 Cholesterol: 98
Keywords: how to grill salmon, grilled salmon, grilled salmon recipe