- 2 lbs. brussels sprouts, cleaned and ends chopped off
- 1 head garlic, end chopped off
- 1/2 medium white onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- First, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Then prepare brussels sprouts by scrubbing them under warm water to remove dirt. Pat dry with a towel.
- Use a sharp knife to cut tips of the brussels sprouts off. If some of the leaves fall off, don’t worry! You’ll roast these too.
- Next, cut both ends off of a head of garlic and remove the casing and dice 1/2 medium white onion.
- Place Brussels sprouts, garlic head, and onion onto a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle veggies with a generous amount of olive oil salt and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Use hands to massage oil and spices into the veggies.
- Spread Brussels sprouts out evenly on the baking sheet, making sure they do not touch. If the Brussels overlap at all, they will not roast evenly. Make sure the head of garlic is open-face down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing Brussels sprouts and flipping garlic head every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once your Brussels sprouts are brown and crispy.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then use your hands to squeeze the garlic cloves out of the casing. Toss cloves with Brussels sprouts and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 141 Sugar: 4 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 17 Fiber: 6 Protein: 5
Keywords: roasted brussels sprouts, how to roast brussel sprouts