- 1 cup coarsely ground coffee beans (~1 cup whole beans)
- 3 cups water
- Optional: cream, for serving
- First, grind your whole bean coffee. Make sure to use a medium-coarse setting. Grind around 1 cup of whole beans to get 1 cup of coarsely ground coffee.
- Combine coarsely ground coffee beans and water in a large jar or bowl. Mix to combine until all coffee grounds are wet.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. The coffee grounds will likely float to the top. After 5 minutes, mix again.
- Seal your jar and either let it brew on the counter or in the refrigerator for a minimum of 12-18 hours.
- In the morning, place a tea towel or 2 pieces of cheesecloth on top of a fine mesh sieve and sieve the grounds.
- Serve cold brew coffee over ice and enjoy.
Tips & Notes
- The 3 to 1 ratio is a stronger cold brew. You can always dilute your cold brew before serving with some cold water if you don’t like it as strong.
- Storage: store cold brew in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 8 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 5 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 0 Cholesterol: 0
Category: DrinkMethod: No BakeCuisine: AmericanDiet: Low Calorie
Keywords: Homemade Cold Brew Coffee