- 4 cups water
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- First, place dates, water, and salt into a high-speed blender and blend until dates are completely pulverized and blended into the water.
- Next, place rolled oats into the blender and blend for about 1 minute on high until oats are broken up, but not pulverized. If you pulverize the oats too much you will end up with a filmy and slimy consistency (believe me, this has happened to us!).
- Next, place a tea towel or nut milk bag (or any other very thin towel) over the top of a tall mason jar or pitcher.
- Slowly pour oat milk mixture into the tea towel to strain out oat fragments. You may have to squeeze the towel a bit to push the oat milk through the towel. Repeat until all oat milk has strained through the towel (be patient, sometimes this takes a while).
- Place a cover on the mason jar and store oat milk in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 108 Sugar: 8 Fat: 1 Carbohydrates: 23 Fiber: 3 Protein: 3
Keywords: oat milk