- 12 oz. kale
- 2–3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Begin by rinsing kale under cold water. Make sure all dirt is removed from kale. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Next, debone the kale with a knife or your hands by removing the stem from the leafy part of the kale. Discard stems and set leafy part of the kale to the side.
- Once all kale has been deboned, cut leafy kale into small pieces and place into a large salad bowl.
- From there, drizzle olive oil and salt over the kale and massage with your hands for 3-4 minutes until kale is tender and soft.
- Finally, make your favorite massaged kale salad! Perhaps this Massaged Kale and Fennel Salad with Lemon Vinegarette or Roasted Butternut Squash Kale Salad with Farro and Goat Cheese.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 59 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 111 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 9 Fiber: 4 Protein: 4
Keywords: how to massage kale