Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2-oz. espresso* (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar simple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 1 cup ice, separated (feel free to use more ice if it looks better!)
- Add water and brown sugar to a small saucepan and mix.
- Turn to high heat and add cinnamon stick to the saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn the heat to low.
- Let the simple syrup simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add 1/2 cup of ice to a mason jar and 1/2 cup of ice to a separate glass.
- Next, add espresso and brown sugar simple syrup to the mason jar with the ice. Cover and shake.
- Pour the mixture over the ice in the glass.
- Empty the mason jar and pour the oat milk into the jar.
- Use a frother to froth the oat milk until froth forms.
- Pour the oat milk froth over the espresso, mix, and enjoy.
Tips & Notes
- Can’t make espresso at home? Consider using a premade cold brew espresso or using a strong cup of coffee.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Calories: 73 Sugar: 12 Fat: 1 Carbohydrates: 15 Fiber: 0 Protein: 1
Keywords: iced brown sugar oatmilk shaken espresso