- 8 large Gala apples*
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks (or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- First, chop apples into large chunks and discard the apple cores.
- Then, place apples into the Instant Pot.
- Add orange juice and cinnamon sticks (or ground cinnamon) to the pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and make sure the pressure valve is turned to seal.
- Turn the Instant Pot to high pressure and set the time for 6 minutes. It will take a little while for your Instant Pot to build pressure and start counting down.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the pressure from the Instant Pot by opening the valve.
- Once the pressure is fully released, remove the cinnamon sticks from the Instant Pot and use a handheld immersion blender* to pulse the cooked apples into applesauce.
- When the applesauce has reached the desired consistency, transfer applesauce into a glass container and let cool.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Tips & Notes
- Any kind of apples will work for this!
- Option to peel you apples before you chop them.
- *Option to use a potato masher, blender or food processor.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 cup Calories: 135 Sugar: 25 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 32 Fiber: 5 Protein: 1
Keywords: Instant Pot Applesauce