- 1 lb. dried navy beans
- 4 cups water or broth (any kind)
BBQ Baked Beans
- 1 cup bean water*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt, separated
- 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1 lb. ground breakfast sausage (any kind)
- 1–15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (we used Lillies Smokey BBQ)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Being by adding the dried white beans and broth to the Instant Pot and cook them on high pressure >>20 minutes >> quick release. Then, let the beans sit for 5 minutes in the Instant Pot.
- Before straining the beans, remove 1 cup of the excess liquid from the cooked beans*. Set aside. Then, strain the rest of the liquid from the white beans in a sieve and then set the cooked beans aside.
- Turn on the sauté function and add olive oil to the pot.
- When the olive oil is fragrant, add onion and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the pot. Let the onion cook until it begins to caramelize (about 5-6 minutes).
- Then deglaze the pot with bourbon by pouring the bourbon over the onion. Scrape the sides of the pot with a spatula to remove all the crunchy bits from the pot.
- Add the ground sausage to the pot and cook the sausage until it is no longer pink.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the Instant Pot and mix everything together.
- Cover the Instant Pot. Set the Instant Pot to >> high pressure >> 3 minutes >> quick release.
- Stir the beans and let them sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 358 Sugar: 11 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 27 Fiber: 9 Protein: 17
Keywords: Instant Pot Baked Beans