- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 lbs. flank steak
- 8 cups broccoli florets, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup low sodium cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons red chili sauce (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- First, create the sauce by mixing together soy sauce, hoisin, minced garlic, and red chili sauce. Set aside.
- Next, place flank steak out on a cutting board and cover with parchment paper. Use a meat tenderizer to tenderize the flank steak. Pound each side of the flank steak for 1-2 minutes and until it is 1/2 inch thick.
- Then, slice your flank steak in half (hot dog way) and cut each half into thin strips.
- Turn on the Instant Pot’s saute function and add olive oil to the pot. When olive oil is fragrant, add flank steak and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, turn off Instant Pot. Add sauce to the flank steak. Mix well and cover Instant Pot.
- Turn the pressure valve to seal and cook meat on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick release pressure and uncover Instant Pot. Then, place broccoli on top of the flank steak.
- Place lid back on the Instant Pot, turn pressure valve to seal, and set the timer ‘0’ minutes. The pressure will build and beep when it reaches full pressure. This is when you quick release.
- Remove lid and remove beef and broccoli from the Instant Pot, leaving the sauce. Add cornstarch to sauce and whisk.
- Add beef and broccoli back into the Instant Pot and mix so all ingredients are coated with sauce.
- Serve with quinoa or rice.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 395 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 1015 Fat: 20 Carbohydrates: 11 Fiber: 3 Protein: 42 Cholesterol: 113
Keywords: beef and broccoli, beef and broccoli recipe, instant pot beef and broccoli