- 2-lb. beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, separated
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper, separated
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1.33 cups beef broth, separated
- 8-oz. crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 medium white onion, chopped and separated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1.5 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 12-oz. extra-wide egg noodles
- 3/4 cup 2% Greek Yogurt (option to use sour cream for a more classic beef stroganoff)
- First, make the dry rub. Mix together coarse sea salt, ground pepper, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Then, season the beef roast with the dry rub. Be sure that the rub covers the entire piece of meat including the sides. Let the meat sit for 15 minutes.
- Next, turn on the Instant Pot’s ‘saute’ feature and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When olive oil is fragrant sear the beef roast for 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove beef and deglaze the pot with 2 tablespoons of beef broth and then add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pot. Use a wooden utensil to scrape the brown bits from the bottom.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add mushrooms and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the pot and saute for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Remove mushrooms from pot and set aside for later.
- Add 1/2 of the white onion (you will be adding the rest of the onion in later) and garlic to the pot and saute for 3 minutes.
- Finally, add red wine, 1 cup of beef broth, and Worcestershire to the pot. Mix well and then return the beef roast back into the pot. Cover the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 75 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, quick-release the pressure from the Instant Pot and remove the beef roast from the pot and place it on a baking sheet. The beef roast should be easy to pull apart with two forks. If it’s not, it needs to cook longer. Set beef aside.
- Add the sauteed mushrooms, the remaining onion, and uncooked egg noodles to the pot. Mix well and place the top back on the Instant Pot and cook for an additional 2 minutes on high pressure.
- Meanwhile, shred the beef using two forks. The beef should fall apart easily and shred with minimal effort.
- When the timer goes off, quick release pressure one last time from the Instant Pot and remove the cover. Add the Greek yogurt and the remaining broth (~1/3 cup) to the pot, mix well and add the shredded beef back into the pot.
- If needed, turn the sauté feature on to heat everything up for a couple of minutes. Eat immediately or turn the Instant Pot’s ‘warm’ setting to keep the beef stroganoff warm until ready to serve.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 393 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 558 Fat: 24 Carbohydrates: 17 Fiber: 1 Protein: 27
Keywords: instant pot beef stroganoff