- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 2 medium celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (we used Frank’s Red Hot Sauce)
- 1 cup chicken broth*
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can white navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- Turn on your Instant Pot’s saute feature and then add olive oil. Once olive oil is fragrant, add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and salt. Saute veggies for 2 minutes then remove from the Instant Pot.
- Turn off the saute feature and then add crushed tomatoes, buffalo sauce, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder and mix. Then, submerge chicken breasts in the sauce and close your Instant Pot.
- Seal the valve and turn Instant Pot to manual > high pressure and set the timer to 8 minutes. It will take around 10 minutes for your Instant Pot to build enough pressure to start counting down from 8.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release your Instant Pot by opening the valve. Take the top off and then remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add sauteed veggies, pinto beans, navy beans, sweet corn, and maple syrup, and turn on the saute feature.
- Meanwhile, use 2 forks to shred the chicken breast into small pieces and then add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and mix to combine.
- Let the chili simmer for 5 minutes. Finally, stir in Greek yogurt and mix to combine.
- Serve with green onion, fresh parsley, and Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing.
Tips & Notes
- chicken broth – feel free to add more chicken broth at the end to thin out as needed.
- The recipe updated on 1/4/2021 to prevent the burn notice from happening.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 438 Sugar: 10 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 70 Fiber: 5 Protein: 41
Keywords: buffalo chicken chili