- 1-lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1–15oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 4-oz. can green chiles
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (we used this recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1–15oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Greek yogurt
- Shredded Cheese
- Fresh lime juice
- First, toss the chicken chunks with one tablespoon of taco seasoning and set aside.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to the Instant Pot and turn on the sauté feature.
- When the olive oil is fragrant add the chicken to the pot and brown the chicken for 2-3 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot. The chicken is only partially cooked but will cook the rest of the way later.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pot and add the red and green peppers to the pot. Let them sauté for 3-4 minutes stirring every minute or so and remove from pot and set aside.
- Next, add the last tablespoon of olive oil to the pot and add the onion and garlic to the pot and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Pour the rice into the pot with the onion and toast the rice for 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the chicken back to the pot along with the diced tomatoes, green chilis, 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning, salt, and chicken broth to the pot and mix.
- Cover the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Quick release pressure from the Instant Pot.
- Uncover the Instant Pot and add the bell peppers and black beans to the pot, stir, and place the cover back on the Instant Pot and let the peppers and black beans warm in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover, stir, and serve burrito bowls with cheese, Greek yogurt, cheese, or any of your other favorite burrito bowl toppings.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 386 Sugar: 5 Sodium: 572 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 35 Fiber: 1 Protein: 34 Cholesterol: 537
Keywords: instant pot burrito bowls