- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 large butternut squash, quartered
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 ground teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Begin by quartering butternut squash by first cutting the top from the bottom of the squash. Then cut again lengthwise, and remove seeds from the 2 bottom quarters of squash.
- Then, turn on the saute feature of the Instant Pot. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add onions and garlic to the Instant Pot and saute for 7-9 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Then add broth to the bottom of the Instant Pot and mix well.
- Set the quartered squash on top of the onions, garlic, and broth. Then, sprinkle salt, pepper, cinnamon, and apple cider vinegar over the squash. Place the cover onto the Instant Pot.
- Seal the pressure valve and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure and uncover the Instant Pot.
- Remove quartered butternut squash from the Instant Pot.
- Scoop innards out from the butternut squash skin. Discard the skin, and place innards back into the Instant Pot.
- Use an emulsifier to blend everything together until smooth.*
- Serve, and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
*If you don’t have an emulsifier, pour everything into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 156 Sugar: 14 Sodium: 536 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 31 Fiber: 4 Protein: 2
Keywords: instant pot butternut squash soup