- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 cup chopped, fresh spinach, packed
- 3 tablespoons shredded white cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- First, add all of the eggs to a container with a pour spout. Whisk the eggs together until there are no chunks. Set aside.
- Turn on your Instant Pot’s saute feature. Then add olive oil.
- When the olive oil is fragrant, add garlic and onion and saute for 2 minutes. Then add chopped spinach and saute until wilted.
- Transfer veggies to a different bowl and clean your Instant Pot.
- Place your silicone egg bites tray on a hard surface. Then, add 1 teaspoon of the veggie mixture to each bite. Next, add a heaping teaspoon of shredded cheese and then fill each egg bite about 3/4 of the way full with egg. Use the back of a spoon to mix everything together.
- Place the trivet on the bottom of your Instant Pot and add in 1 cup of water. Then, place the silicone egg bites mold on top of the trivet and seal your Instant Pot closed.
- Turn the valve to seal and turn the Instant Pot to manual > high pressure > and set the timer to 10 minutes. It will take around 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to start counting down, but eventually, it will start counting down from 10 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the Instant Pot to let out the pressure. Take the lid off and carefully remove the mold.
- Your eggs might look a bit lopsided or look like they expanded out of their mold, but as they sit, they will release air and go back down.
Tips & Notes
- To make in mason jars: we tested this recipe using 7 4-oz. mason jars. All you have to do is double the ingredients fo the egg bites and spray your mason jars generously with nonstick cooking spray. Fill mason jars as you would the silicone mold, but do 2 teaspoons of veggies and 2 teaspoons of cheese. Fill mason jars about half way with egg and mix to combine. Place trivet inside your Instant Pot and place mason jars on top of trivet (make sure to leave them uncovered). Seal Instant Pot and pressure cook the same way, for 10 minutes on high with a quick release. Your egg bites may come out a little moist, but that is because of the condensation!
- Nutrition information is for the egg bites, not the mason jar egg bites.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/3 Calories: 146 Sugar: 1 Sodium: 127 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 8
Keywords: instant pot egg bites