Throw all of your favorite breakfast food in the Instant Pot to make this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Meal Prep Breakfast. Hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot are perfectly cooked every time. Even better, you can cook them right next to breakfast potatoes and breakfast sausage. This meal is well rounded and ready in less than 7 minutes!
Instant Pot Week Day 4
How much are you loving INSTANT POT WEEK? We are seriously soaking up every minute. All of our Instant Pot recipes have been fun to develop and even more fun to taste test. However, if I’m being honest I am most excited about this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Meal Prep Breakfast.
This breakfast is all of my favorite things, thrown into a pot and ready in NO time. It is a perfect breakfast meal prep for the week, but honestly, you could also throw this together easily on a weekday morning. We knew that when we started planning for Instant Pot Week, we needed an egg recipe. What is better than a one-stop shop for a healthy Instant pot Breakfast? Below are some of our favorite meal-prep essentials as well as some tips and tricks for this yummy recipe. ENJOY.
Instant Pot Meal Prep Essentials
Step 1: Brown Sausage
Turn you saute feature on to brown your breakfast sausage! As it says in the recipe card below, we used raw breakfast sausage. We browned the outside of the sausage and then removed the sausage so it would be cooked to perfection with the rest of the ingredients. We also tested this recipe with pre-cooked sausage and it also worked! I would remove the browning step from the recipe if you do decide to use pre-cooked sausage. No one wants tough breakfast sausage, #amiright?!
Step 2: Add Trivet Liquid + Potatoes
Remove sausage from the Instant Pot and pour maple syrup, vinegar, and water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Whisk it together and scrape any breakfast sausage residue off the Instant Pot Pot. Next, place the metal Instant Pot trivet in the Instant Pot and place potatoes on top of the trivet.
Step 3: Add Ingredients + Cook
Carefully place eggs and sausage on top of potatoes. Close Instant Pot and make sure pressure valve is set to ‘seal’. Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
Step 4: Coat Potatoes in Sauce
Quick release pressure and place hard boiled eggs into an ice water bath. Remove sausage and place in meal prep containers. Carefully remove the trivet and leave potatoes in the Instant Pot.
Now (MY FAVORITE PART), mix potatoes with the delicious sauce at the bottom of the Instant Pot. The flavor that this sauce gives the potatoes is BOMB.com.
Next, meal prep your meals in these meal-prep containers and enjoy a healthy breakfast all week long!
Healthy Meal Prep Breakfast Ideas
- Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
- All American Hash Brown Egg Cups
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Overnight Oats
- 42 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Meal Prep Breakfast
Throw all of your favorite breakfast food in the Instant Pot to make this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Meal Prep Breakfast. Hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot are perfectly cooked, especially when they are cooking next to breakfast potatoes, and breakfast sausage. This meal is well rounded and ready in less than 7 minutes!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- 1.5 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 lb. potatoes, chopped (~4 cups)
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 raw sausage links (or however many you want)
- 4 large eggs (or however many you want)
- First, whisk together maple syrup, water, and vinegar. Set aside.
- Turn on the Instant Pot’s saute feature and wait for the pot to warm up. Place the breakfast sausage in the Instant Pot and brown on two sides.
- Remove the sausage and add the metal steam rack to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Pour the bowl of maple, vinegar, and water into the bottom of the pot. Then, place chopped potatoes on top of the steam rack, followed by the garlic, green pepper, and onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Next, carefully place eggs and sausage on top of the vegetables.
- Lock Instant Pot and turn the pressure valve to seal. Set Instant Pot to high pressure and set time to 7 minutes.
- Once cooked, quick release the vent and remove the top. Remove sausage and place eggs in an ice water bath for 5 minutes.
- Then, remove the metal rack from the Instant Pot so that you can mix the potatoes, onions, and peppers with the sauce at the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Peel eggs and enjoy or prepare breakfast in meal prep containers for later!
- You can make as many eggs and sausages as you wish
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 561
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 15
Don’t forget to sign up for #FFFInstantPotWeek emails to get 24-hour early access to all Instant Pot week recipes + to get entered into our $250 cash giveaway.