- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, skin-on*
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- First, use a few pieces of paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible from your chicken thighs.
- Next, turn on the Instant Pot’s sauté feature. Sear both sides of each chicken thigh for 2-3 minutes to give them a nice brown.
- While the chicken thighs are sauteing, prepare the honey garlic sauce. Mix together minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce.
- Once the chicken thighs are done browning, turn off the sauté function and then pour on the honey garlic sauce.
- Close your Instant Pot and turn the valve to seal. Turn your Instant Pot to manual > high pressure > and set the timer for 5 minutes. It will take around 10 minutes for the pressure to build before it starts counting down from 5 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, quick release your Instant Pot by opening the valve.
- Remove the lid and then remove chicken thighs.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs or you have the option to thicken your sauce with cornstarch. To thicken turn on the Instant Pot’s saute feature (you need the heat to ignite the thickening agent) and then sprinkle in cornstarch. Whisk until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with sesame seeds and your favorite grain and veggies.
Tips & Notes
- We tested bone-in with skin AND boneless, skinless and they both work!
- Nutrition was calculated using boneless chicken thighs and includes only the chicken.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 284 Sugar: 16 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 17 Fiber: 0 Protein: 30
Category: Main MealMethod: Instant PotCuisine: Asian
Keywords: honey garlic chicken thighs