- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1-lb. cooked large shrimp, tail on
- 10-oz. fully cooked andouille sausage, sliced
- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 large white onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- First, combine homemade the spices for the homemade cajun seasoning in a small bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Then, add shrimp and andouille sausage to a large bowl and sprinkle on 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning. Toss everything together and set it aside.
- Turn on the Instant Pot’s saute feature. Then add olive oil. When olive oil is fragrant, add onion and garlic and saute for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Turn off the saute feature and then add in white rice and mix. Add in peppers, 2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth, and stir to combine.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure >> for 8 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure from the Instant Pot and immediately uncover. Add shrimp and andouille sausage to the pot, mix to combine. Place the cover back on and let steam for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the Instant Pot and mix and give it a taste. Adjust the salt as needed. Serve and enjoy.
Tips & Notes
- Cajun seasoning – if you have our homemade cajun seasoning in your pantry, you’ll need around 3 tablespoons of that.
- If your sausage and shrimp are having a hard time warming up during the steaming process. Simply turn on the sauté feature and heat it up that way.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 342 Sugar: 3 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 22 Fiber: 2 Protein: 19
Keywords: Instant Pot Jambalaya