- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup dry brown or green lentils
- 1–15 oz. can coconut milk
- 1–15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1–15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups vegetable broth, separated (or any kind)
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated lemongrass (we used the tube kind)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Turn on the Instant Pot’s saute feature and add olive oil.
- When the olive oil is fragrant, add onion and garlic to the pot. Sauté for 3-4 minutes and then add the sweet potato and stir.
- Add lentils, coconut milk, diced tomatoes, garbanzo beans, 4 cups of vegetable broth, ginger, lemongrass, turmeric, curry powder, and salt to the pot and stir.
- Close the Instant Pot > and turn it to manual high pressure > and set the timer to 20 minutes (it will take 15 minutes to build up pressure).
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the pressure and take the cover off.
- Turn the saute feature back on and add the greens, red pepper, lemon juice, and remaining 2 cups of broth. Stir and bring to a boil
- Turn the Instant Pot off and serve.
Serving Size: 1/8
Category: DinnerMethod: Instant PotCuisine: American