Orange Chicken Sauce
- 2/3 cup 100% orange juice
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (or more, if needed)
- 12 oz. green beans, trimmed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- First, prepare orange chicken sauce by mixing together orange juice, soy sauce, honey, and sriracha. Set aside.
- Next, prepare chicken by thinly slicing into bite-sized pieces.
- Turn on your Instant Pot’s saute feature and add 1.5 to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- When the coconut oil is fragrant, add chicken breast and saute for 1.5 minutes on each side to lightly brown.
- Then, turn off the saute feature and pour in sauce to deglaze your pot. Use a wooden spoon to scrape all of the little bits off of the bottom of the pot and to toss the chicken in the sauce.
- Cover your Instant Pot, turn the valve to seal. Set your Instant Pot to manual > high > and set the timer to 4 minutes. It will take 10-15 minutes to build pressure before your Instant Pot starts counting down from 4 minutes.
- While your Instant Pot is heating up, prepare the green beans. Trim the ends off of your green beans and set aside.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release your Instant Pot. Open the lid and then immediately add the green beans on top of the chicken. DO NOT MIX WITH LIQUID. Lightly season green beans with salt and pepper.
- Put the lid back on and turn the valve to seal. Set your Instant Pot to manual > high > and set the timer to ‘0 minutes.’ Again it will take some time for the pressure to build.
- Once the timer goes off, remove the lid and then remove everything from the Instant Pot, but the sauce. Place about 1/4 cup of the sauce into a small bowl and whisk in 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to create a slurry.
- Turn on the Instant Pot’s saute feature and then whisk in the cornstarch slurry. Cook for around 3 minutes or until the sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Finally, add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and toss to coat.
- Serve orange chicken next to the green beans with fresh orange zest and your favorite grain.
Serving Size: 1/4
Category: DinnerMethod: Instant PotCuisine: Chinese