- 2.5–3 lb. Good & Gather boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 1 Good & Gather taco seasoning packet
- 2 tablespoons Good and Gather olive oil
- ¼ cup water*
- 1 28-oz. can Good & Gather crushed tomatoes
- 3 15-oz. cans of Good & Gather beans, any kind (we used 2 pinto and 1 black bean)
- 1 16-oz. jar Good & Gather black bean and corn salsa
- optional add-ins: 1 cup sweet corn and 4-oz. diced green chiles
- optional toppings: Greek yogurt/sour cream, fresh cilantro, and shredded cheese
- First, prepare the pork shoulder by cutting it into 4 equal chunks. Then, season the meat on all sides with about half of your taco seasoning packet. You’ll use the other half later.
- Next, turn on the Instant Pot’s saute feature and add olive oil. When the olive oil is fragrant, sear pork shoulder chunks for around 3 minutes on each side.
- Once the meat has browned, turn off the saute feature, and remove the meat. Add ¼ cup of water to deglaze the Instant Pot and use a wooden utensil to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the Instant Pot. Then, add in crushed tomatoes and the rest of the taco seasoning into the Instant Pot and mix everything together. Then, place the trivet inside the Instant Pot and place the meat on top of the trivet.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to seal. Turn Instant Pot to manual > high > and set the timer to 45 minutes. It will take around 10-15 minutes to build enough pressure to start counting down from 45.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the Instant Pot and open the top. Remove the 4 chunks of pork and place them on a large plate or cutting board. Carefully use 2 forks to shred the pork. Discard any fatty pieces and then add the shredded pork back into the Instant Pot and mix.
- Finally, add in 3 cans of beans, salsa, and any other add-ins and mix again.
- Serve with Greek yogurt, fresh cilantro, and shredded cheese.
Tips & Notes
- Burn notice: if you get the burn notice, simply open your Instant Pot, add 1/4 cup of water and use your wooden utensil to scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot. You likely have something stuck to the bottom!
- Water: this step is not visual in the video.
- Nutrition information includes sweet corn and green chiles.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 435 Sugar: 6 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 46 Fiber: 11 Protein: 36
Keywords: pork chili