- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb. bone-in pork chops (1.5 inches thick, we used 2 total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons whiskey (or bourbon)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- First, prepare spice rub by mixing together spices in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Next, place bone-in pork chops on a plate. Then, season both sides of each pork chop with the spice rub. Use your hands to rub spices into the pork.
- Next, turn your Instant Pot to the saute feature. Drizzle on 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When olive oil is fragrant, sear both sides of each pork chop for 1.5 to 2 minutes, just enough to brown.
- Remove pork chops from Instant Pot and turn off saute feature.
- Deglaze your Instant pot by pouring in whiskey and chicken broth. Use a wooden spatula to scrape the bottom of your Instant Pot to remove any little bits. This will prevent the burn feature from appearing. Then, add in apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and minced garlic and mix. This will be your gravy later on.
- Place metal trivet on top of the liquid and then place the seared pork chops on top of the trivet.
- Cover Instant Pot and turn the valve to seal. Set Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. It should take around 5 to 10 minutes to build pressure before the countdown begins.
- Once your timer goes off, let you Instant Pot naturally release for 10 minutes. Once it’s been 10 minutes, you can open the valve to vent to quick release.
- Remove pork chops and trivet. Then, add in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to the liquid. Turn on the Instant Pot’s saute feature and whisk until cornstarch dissolves and the liquid has thickened.
- Serve pork chops with gravy and your favorite vegetable.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 pork chop Calories: 353 Sugar: 15 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 19 Fiber: 0 Protein: 49
Keywords: instant pot pork chops