- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef (any kind of ground meat will work)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 5 cups beef broth, divide
- 1–15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1–15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1–4oz. can green chiles
- Turn on the Instant Pot’s saute function and add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add onion and garlic. Cook for one minute and then add ground beef.
- Saute beef for 3-4 minutes, partially browning.
- Turn saute function off and add the rest of the ingredients (only 4 cups of broth) to the Instant Pot and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Cover Instant Pot, seal valve, and cook for 3 minutes on high pressure.
- When your Instant Pot beeps, quick release and let out the steam. Then, open Instant Pot.
- Add the last cup of broth (or more if desired) and stir.
- Serve stuffed pepper soup with Greek yogurt and green onions.
- Storage: Store soup in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheating: The soup will thicken in the fridge, so add a little more beef broth before, heating back up, and serving.
- Freezer Directions: Let soup cool completely before transferring into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag. Seal bag tightly and then freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving Size: 1/8
Category: DinnerMethod: Instant PotCuisine: American