- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (~5 cups)
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro
- minced red onion
- everything bagel seasoning (or black sesame seeds)
- Turn on your Instant Pot’s saute feature and add olive oil. When the olive oil is fragrant, add white onion and garlic. Saute for 4 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Turn off the saute feature, close Instant Pot, and turn the valve to seal. Set Instant Pot to manual > high > and turn the timer to 3 minutes. It will take around 10-15 minutes for your Instant Pot to build enough pressure to start counting down.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the Instant Pot by opening the vent and let the steam pour out.
- Open Instant Pot and mix. Use a fork to test both the sweet potato and carrot chunks. You want to make sure they are cooked all the way through. The sweet potato cooks faster than carrots, so those will likely be more cooked than the carrots. If things aren’t cooked enough, simply cook for 1-2 more minutes on high.
- Now it’s time to blend! You can either use a Vitamix/high-speed food processor or an immersion blender. Blend until smooth. At this point, feel free to add a little bit more vegetable broth* to thin things out as needed.
- Finally, add 2 tablespoons of fesh lime juice and blend one more time.
- Serve immediately and top with fresh cilantro, minced red onion, and a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning.
Tips & Notes
Freezer directions: please scroll up for a through explanation of how to freeze this meal for up to 3 months and how to cook from frozen on the stovetop.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 322 Sugar: 8 Sodium: 436 Fat: 25 Carbohydrates: 26 Fiber: 3 Protein: 3
Keywords: instant pot sweet potato carrot ginger soup