- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1.5 lbs. coneless skinless chicken breast (3–4 chicken breasts)
- 2–3 tablespoons butter (1 tablespoon/breast)
- First, begin by preparing the chicken seasoning. Place all ingredients into a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Next, prepare the chicken by using a meat tenderizer to pound the chicken until the thickness is even throughout. Then, season the chicken breast on both sides with the chicken seasoning.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a pan over medium/high heat. Once the butter melts, place chicken breast on the pan. Sear for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the chicken breast, and optionally add another 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the pan and cover. Turn the heat down to medium and cook for around 6 minutes or until the chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Let the chicken breast rest for 5-10 minutes before eating.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 283 Sugar: 1 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 49
Keywords: pan seared chicken breast, stovetop chicken breast