In search of delicious keto chicken recipes? This Keto Chicken Meal Prep Recipe is delicious as it is nutritious. Complete with keto chicken, sautéed peppers, cauliflower rice and avocado spread, this is the keto chicken recipe of all keto chicken recipes — and can be meal-prepped for lunches all week long!
Low carb chicken meal prep recipes can be hard to come by — we get it! And finding delicious low carb chicken recipes that you’re actually excited to eat throughout the week can prove to be even harder. This is why we’re here to share one of the most delicious low carb chicken recipes we’ve ever had the pleasure of making. This keto chicken fajita recipe can be prepped and served for a family dinner, or meal prepped to be enjoyed all week long. The options are endless. Let’s get into it:
Keto Chicken Fajita Ingredients
The base of this recipe (and the true star of the show) is our homemade fajita seasoning that we used to season both the chicken and the peppers. We love this fajita seasoning because it doesn’t pack any fillers that so many store-bought seasoning mixes have and gives everything you make with it that savory fajita flavor. It’s a combination of:
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Garlic powder
- Ground pepper
- Dash of salt
We usually mix up a big batch of this seasoning to keep on hand when the fajita mood strikes (which is quite often at our house!).
As for other ingredients, this recipe is packed with the most delicious crispy cilantro lime cauliflower rice. By cooking this at 400ºF, you’ll get that crispy golden brown cauliflower rice. And seasoned with cilantro and lime, it’s the perfect addition to this keto chicken fajita recipe.
Last but not least, this avocado spread is LIFE CHANGING (and keto, my friends!). Seriously, we’re topping pretty much every meal that’s coming out of the FFF Kitchen with a nice little dollop of this. Avocado + cilantro + avocado oil + minced garlic, ya can’t go wrong!
Meal Prepping Keto Recipes
When you have dietary restrictions, it can be really tough to meal plan and meal prep — especially when you’re looking to save time. The great thing about meal prepping keto recipes like this chicken fajita recipe is that everything can be quickly and easily prepped, keeps well in meal-prep containers in the fridge for the week and then can be easily re-heated. Win win win.
This recipe is also perfect to double or triple if you’re looking to feed the family for the week’s lunches. It can be kept in the fridge for 3-5 days, but we’re betting it won’t even last that long once you’ve tried this delicious keto chicken fajita meal prep recipe :D
Other Keto Recipes on Fit Foodie Finds
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken
- Instant Pot Carnitas
- Meal Prep Cilantro Lime Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- Turkey Fajita Egg Cups
- Bacon Wrapped Egg Cups
- Copycat Egg McMuffins
- Caramelized Onions in the Oven
- Fajita Nachos with Avocado Crema
- Healthy Salmon Avocado Boats
- Garlic Roasted Cauliflower
PS: we’ve got more Keto recipes for you! Here’s 55 Keto Recipes from around the web!
Keto Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Video
Keto Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Recipe
In search of delicious keto chicken recipes? This Keto Chicken Meal Prep Recipe is delicious as it is nutritious. Complete with keto chicken, sautéed peppers, cauliflower rice and the most delicious avocado spread, this is the keto chicken recipe of all keto chicken recipes — and can be meal-prepped for lunches all week long!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 16 oz. bag uncooked riced cauliflower
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon homemade fajita seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons homemade fajita seasoning
- Avocado Spread
- Lime juice
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF and place cauliflower rice onto a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and spices over cauliflower rice and mix well.
- Roast for 15 minutes and begin preparation for the chicken and peppers.
- Remove from oven, toss, and roast for 15 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and season with cilantro and lime juice. Set aside.
- Sprinkle about 1.5 teaspoons of fajita seasoning evenly over chicken. Use your hands to make sure seasoning is rubbed into the chicken. You will have leftover fajita seasoning to use for cooking. Set aside for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add olive oil.
- Thinly slice chicken into strips. When olive oil is fragrant, place chicken into the pan. Sautee every couple minutes until chicken is cooked through (8-10 minutes). Then, add remaining fajita seasoning and give the chicken one last stir. Remove from heat and place chicken into a separate bowl.
- Place the same skillet pan back onto the stove and add olive oil for the peppers. Scrape the little bits of fond off the sides of the pan. When olive oil is fragrant, add peppers and onion into the pan and sprinkle on fajita seasoning.
- Toss peppers and onions together and let cook over medium/high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add two tablespoons of water to the pan, stir, and cover. Let cook for 5 minutes to finish up the peppers!
- This recipe calls for 3 tablespoons of fajita seasoning. Option to sub whatever fajita seasoning you like.
- Nutrition does not include avocado spread.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 378
- Fat: 27
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 25