- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (any color), rinsed
- 2 cups water (or broth for a more savory option)
- First, begin by rinsing your quinoa under warm water to remove residue.
- Then, place quinoa in a microwave-safe bowl or container and add in 2 cups of water. Cover with a lid (I used a plate) and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
- Remove and stir. At this point, more than half the water should be absorbed. Place back in the microwave, covered, for about 2 more minutes on high. Then, let sit covered for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed.
- Quantity: you can make as much or as little quinoa as you want. Just make sure you use a 1:2 ratio of quinoa to water.
Serving Size: 1/4
Category: SideMethod: MicrowaveCuisine: American