- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- cooking spray
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
For the Wraps
- 12 large outer lettuce leaves such as green leaf or Bibb lettuce
- 2 1/4 cups cooked brown rice (or quinoa)
- 2 tablespoons Gochujong, or more if desired
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, plus more for topping
- 2 sliced scallions, white and green parts
- Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Heat a large deep nonstick skillet over high heat, spray with oil and add the ground chicken. Cook, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute. Pour the sauce over the chicken, cover and simmer on medium-low 5 minutes.
- To assemble the lettuce wraps, place 3 tablespoons brown rice over each leaf, top with 3 1/2 tablespoons of chicken, Gochujong, sesame seeds and scallions. Wrap the leaves over the rice and meat into little burrito like bundles and eat right away.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 375 Sugar: 6 Sodium: 787 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 40 Fiber: 3 Protein: 30
Keywords: chicken lettuce wraps