- 3 large zucchinis
- 24 oz. jar marinara sauce (2.5 cups)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced (any kind will work)
- 1.5 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice zucchinis (the long way) into very thin strips. You should need 15 total strips. Lay zucchini onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt to draw out moisture. Set aside.
- Next place marinara, broth, quinoa, and Italian seasoning into a large saucepan. Bring to boil, then turn heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat. Add cottage cheese and onion to the sauce and mix well.
- Pat zucchini with a paper towel to absorb as much moisture as possible and then start to build your lasagna.
- Pour a cup of sauce on the bottom of the pan for the first layer. Then, lay zucchini strips side by side on top of the sauce. We did 5 strips per layer. Add another cup of sauce and sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese over the sauce. Repeat two more times, creating 3 layers.
- Top the whole lasagna with 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes at 400ºF.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15-20 minutes*. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
Tips & Notes
- When you first take the lasagna out of the oven, it will look very soupy, let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes to firm up!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 366 Sugar: 6 Fat: 16 Carbohydrates: 32 Fiber: 5 Protein: 24
Category: VegetarianMethod: OvenCuisine: Italian
Keywords: zucchini lasagna