- 1 ripe medium banana, pureed
- 1 cup blueberries, pureed
- 2 flax eggs* (option to sub 2 large eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (option to sub honey)
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Almondmilk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a 10-inch by 7-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare 2 flax eggs by mixing together 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds and 6 tablespoons of warm water. Mix and let sit for 15 minutes or until gelled.
- Place banana, 1 cup of blueberries, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond milk in a blender or food processor (I used a single serve smoothie cup) and process for about a minute or until everything has pureed.
- Transfer into a bowl and add rolled oats, white whole wheat flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt and mix. Then, add in flax eggs and mix again. Finally add in blueberries and lemon zest and mix again.
- Transfer batter into casserole dish and use a spatula to spread evenly. Add additional blueberries on top.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Serve with fresh lemon zest and Greek yogurt.
Tips & Notes
- To make 1 flax egg, combine 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds and 3 tablespoons of warm water. Mix and let sit for 15 minutes or until gelled.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 270 Sugar: 15 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 48 Fiber: 7 Protein: 8
Keywords: baked oatmeal