- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 3 ounces cream cheese, partially melted
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a standard-size loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk. Then, add the rest of the wet ingredients to the bowl (minus the melted coconut oil) and mix.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the wet and mix again.
- Finally, add melted coconut oil and mix one last time.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and give the pan a shake to make sure the batter is even in the pan.
- For the swirl topping, carefully plop the partially melted cream cheese and raspberry preserves evenly over the top of the loaf. Use a knife to gently swirl so that you spread the topping out. Make sure not to swirl it too much or things will mix together too much and if you swirl it too little, you risk the topping sinking to the bottom as it will be too heavy.
- Bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the loaf pan.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/9 Calories: 236 Sugar: 23 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 38 Fiber: 2 Protein: 4
Category: BreadMethod: OvenCuisine: American
Keywords: lemon bread, lemon bread recipe