- 2 cups chopped raw cashews
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted*
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Place cashews in a high speed blender and process on high for about 1 minute or until your cashews have turned into cashew meal.
- Then, add in the rest of the ingredients (other than the chia seeds) and blend on high for 2-3 minutes or until you’ve formed a sticky dough. Add in chia seeds and pulse until combined.
- Once your dough is sticky, use a tablespoon cookie scoop to form truffles. If you find your dough isn’t sticky enough to form your truffles, add more lemon juice by the teaspoon. Store in fridge or freeze half for Week 4 if following the meal plan.
Tips & Notes
- Make sure to use “sticky” medjool dates, which can be found in the produce section. If they are hard, we recommend soaking before using in this recipe. Also, don’t forget to pit dates before processing!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 ball Calories: 140 Sugar: 10 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 16 Fiber: 2 Protein: 3
Keywords: lemon cake energy balls