- 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
Lemon Dill Salmon Burgers
- 1.33 lbs. salmon, skinned and deboned
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh minced dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely ground almond meal
Optional Toppings + Fixings
- 4 burger buns
- Sliced red Onion
- First, place all ingredients for sriracha aioli into a small bowl and mix well. Place into the refrigerator for later.
- Next, remove skin and debone salmon. Then, cut it into chunks. Place salmon chunks into a high-speed food processor.
- Cover food processor and slowly pulse salmon until it is ground (similar to ground chicken).
- Next, add lemon zest, shallot, fresh garlic, dill, salt, pepper, and almond meal to the food processor and slowly pulse ingredients together until all ingredients are combined.
- Remove the blade from the food processor and evenly separate salmon mixture into four equal parts and create patties with your hands. They should be around 1.5 inches thick*.
- On the Grill- Turn grill on and heat to 400ºF. Place a piece of tin foil on the grill and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Place salmon patties on the grill and cover. Grill for 4-6 minutes, flip, and let cook for another 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- On the Stove- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and spray with olive oil cooking spray. When olive oil is fragrant, place salmon patties in the pan and cover. Let cook for 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- In the Oven- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Place salmon patties on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 400ºF flipping burger patties halfway through.
- The internal temperature of the salmon burgers should be at least 130ºF. Our recommendation would be to take the burgers off of the heat source at 130ºF and let them sit for 5 minutes. They will continue to cook after removing them from the heat. If you prefer a more well cooked salmon burger, let salmon burgers cook until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF.
- Serve salmon patties on a bun or in butter lettuce with aioli and your favorite toppings!
Tips & Notes
- The aioli is about 1 tablespoon per burger, so if you want more, double the recipe.
- *Nutrition includes salmon burger, aioli, and micro greens and red onion toppings. Nutrition does not include a bun.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 222 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 602 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 9 Fiber: 3 Protein: 32 Cholesterol: 69
Keywords: salmon burgers